Sunday, March 1, 2015

How I see myself using Social Media for Social Change in Future!!

The Global New Media Lab has helped me in countless ways with regard to my social media skills. i cannot thank enough the people from GNML who have worked hard to make this program a success for me and my fellow students. Here's my reflection on each of the social media.

Blogger: I really really enjoyed using blogger because it helps your voice to be heard in that vast social media network. You can write long posts, share success stories and get blog following and comments. For the first time in my life, I learned how to make some words clickable so that they lead to a link. Also, it was for the first time that I learnt how to embed my Instagram, Facebook an Twitter accounts to my blog. I'm sure i'll find blogger very useful in future as your audience can basically see all the places you're available at and follow you in different places and at the same time, enjoy your blogposts.

Twitter: I have never been very comfortable using Twitter and I still think it's not my favorite social media tool. Not many of my friends at school like to connect through twitter. However, I do realize that it's one of the most important social media tools out there so I'll try my best to make the best use of twitter in future when it comes to promoting my Social Media for Social Change Campaign.

YouTube: For me, Youtube is a very very powerful social media tool and I definitely see myself using it a lot in future. There's something about listening and watching interesting stuff that captures people's attention almost instantly. Also, I think the shorter the Youtube videos, the better because you don't want your audience to get bored. However, there's a problem in my country. For 2 years, access to Youtube has been denied to the local population because of a anti-Muslim movie that was released a while ago. There's some sort of fake access that people use but it doesn't always work. I might try to use Vimeo instead if Youtube is not accessible to me.

Facebook: Facebook is another one of the most powerful social media tools out there. aI can say that it's the one that I'm most comfortable with because I've had a Facebook account longer than any other account. Also, i have a lot of friends on Facebook so every time is send people invites to like my page, I get a decent number of likes. I feel like in future, Facebook would be my number 1 social media tool.

Instagram: I had actually never really owned a Instagram account before this GNML course, so i got very excited when I made my account. i found it pretty amazing to be able to post great pictures and post captions. I can see how images can prove so powerful when it comes to getting your message across. I am pretty excited about using it in future for my Social Media for Social Change campaign.

LinkedIn: As with Instagram, this is my first time having a Linkedin account and so far, I am enjoying it. I like how you can boast about your past experience, project, volunteer work and get people to make connections with you. I believe it's a great tool and something i would want to hang on to in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment